Advantages of Hosting an Opening Event
An opening event provides a chance to create a strong first impression, and can present many advantages for restaurants, stores, hotels or other similar businesses, as an alternative to advertising. If you take the time and effort to properly plan your opening event, the results can be great.
Six basic goals and advantages of hosting an opening event include:
- Introduction of the business. You want people to know who you are, where you are located, and what you offer. An opening event gives a business the chance to paint a picture of the entire business rather than just one aspect of it. A well-structured campaign can provide the target market with much more information than a pretty picture and a catchy tagline can.
- Build awareness. You want to get people talking about what you have to offer. Without awareness, a business is more likely to close its doors shortly after opening them. A properly marketed opening event is very likely to attract lots of foot traffic and media attention.
- Cost. This one is a great advantage of hosting an opening event; a TV commercial costs thousands of dollars, whereas an opening event can cost a fraction of that. An opening event can be the least expensive and most effective way to spread the word about your business. Taking into consideration and carefully planning each and every detail of your event will help to reduce unnecessary costs.
- Foot traffic. You want to get people to come into your business. This can be achieved by offering a friendly and informal atmosphere.
- Build positive relationships. Building a good relationship with your potential customers as well as local media and officials will give your business an advantage. Make sure to also provide the opportunity to ask the director and staff any questions.
- Positive press coverage. Opening events that are properly planned and executed are also likely to receive positive reviewsby
bloggers as well as journalists. The more they talk about you, the more your business is exposed to the public, and the more your target market will remember you the next time they need your specific product or service.
Plan ahead. Not everyone can come to your grand opening. A press release along with a press conference following the event will help to provide information for those who could not initially participate.
Still uncertain that hosting an open event will yield any benefits?
Check out these reviews of our event at UNIC Hotel: